These deadlines apply to businesses //Recallbusiness.com/ that use the calendar year as their tax year. If your business uses a fiscal year, the deadlines will be different.
What to do if you can’t file on time
If you can’t file your tax return by the deadline, you can file for an extension. To do this, you need to file Form 4868 by the original deadline. Filing an extension will give you an additional six months to file your return, but you will still have to pay any taxes that are due by the original deadline.
What to do if you owe taxes
If you owe taxes, you can pay them online, by mail, or by phone. You can also set up a payment plan with the IRS.
Tips for filing your business taxes
- Start early. Don’t wait until the last minute to file your taxes. This will give you plenty of time to gather all of your documents and prepare your return.
- Get help if you need it. If you’re not sure how to file your taxes, you can get help from a tax professional.
- Keep good records. You need to keep accurate records of all of your business income and expenses in order to file your taxes correctly.
For more information
For more information on business tax deadlines, you can visit the IRS website. You can also find information on how to file for an extension and how to pay your taxes.
Here are some additional tips for filing your business taxes in 2023:
- Make sure you have all of the necessary documentation, such as W-2s, 1099s, and receipts.
- Keep track of your estimated tax payments.
- Review your tax return carefully before filing.
- File your return electronically, if possible.
- Pay your taxes on time.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you file your business taxes correctly and on time.